Wednesday, July 13, 2016

A New Blog / Seeking Summer Reading Recommendations for Teachers!



A Teacher Leader Blog: Reading, Writing, Sharing


1. Hello world.

As a teaching professional entering my 10th year in the high school classroom, this blog is a personal challenge: to continue to research, write about, reflect upon, and share best practices for both teacher leadership and 21st century education.

This blog will serve primarily as a record of my own professional study and development.

My intentions: through writing, to discover greater and great conversations around education, teacher leadership, and best practices for 21st century study; through blogging and sharing, to extend those conversations into the greater network of teacher researchers and writers.

2. What's your recommended "must read" for teachers this summer?

As a first step, I have scanned lists of books, borrowed and bought some, too, and I've looked for relevant blogs to link to.

Below is some of what I've found. But please, do respond by adding to my search.

If you have a blog, twitter handle (mine is @hillelbro), list of books, or a recommendation, please feel free to share in the comments below or via social media.

3. Starting research and review: exploring the place of the teacher in the classroom! 

As I think that I should start with understanding the place and disposition of the teacher in education, I'm starting with some recent works on he life, mind, soul, and role of the teacher and teaching profession.

My first book review, I'm excited to share, will be of Aryeh Ben David's just published Becoming a Soulful Educator (2016).

As I know that Ben David is a student of Parker Palmer, I think that I'll follow this review with a second post on Palmer's The Courage to Teach (1998).

4. Guest bloggers: calling all teachers

If you're a teacher, teacher leader, or aspiring teacher and have read a great book that you'd like to write about on this blog, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

-------

Listicles

Edtech reading lists; 
Teacher summer reading lists;
My amazon.com reading list;


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: What School Could Be (2018)

What are the rules of school, and where do they come from? In his 2018 travelogue through innovative American education, Ted Dintersmit...